11 Jan 2012

Today is the day

Hi - my name is Rose and I am just beginning this route down bloggers lane. My aim here is to display my pics and to think through the process of taking photographs.  I will explain how I took the pic, what I had to consider, what the properties of the photos are.  I am currently challenging myself to complete the 366 project on Flickr - hopefully choosing the best one of the day.  Some days I will have a lot to choose from, other days I hope to capture that image really quickly!

I believe that my best photographs are my close-up shots and in particular flowers!!!  I adore my macro lens which gets right inside the flower head but am happy to taken single flower shots with both my basic 18 - 55 mm lens and my zoom 55 - 250 mm lens.  My camera is a Canon 450D.  I have owned it for about two and a half years.  However, I have always loved taking photographs and before the digital age had hundreds of albums - and that was before the kids!  They won't be appearing on here, nor will my husband - I am banned from putting them up in public arenas without their permission:)

Back to the 366 challenge  I will not be taking the easy option and finding a new flower to photograph every day.  I will have to stretch myself to include a wide range of shots and also improving my photo processing skills over the year.  I also hope to create a good collection that I can  sell as artwork or cards.  Lots to do then!

Today I was taking shots of our cats - thing I learned today - fast shutter speed and bigger aperture setting so that I get the whole cat in focus...

Welcome - I hope you enjoy it!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely new blog Rose - looking forward to seeing more photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Julie - so kind. I took loads more images today!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.